NAE members are invited to nominate one or two young engineers to be considered for participation in the NAE’s 2015 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (US FOE). The meeting, which is scheduled for September 9-11, at the Beckman Center in Irvine, Calif., will bring together a select group of the nation’s outstanding young engineers (ages 30-45) from industry, academia, and government to discuss pioneering technical work and leading-edge research in various engineering fields and industry sectors. The goal of the Frontiers of Engineering symposium is to facilitate collaboration in engineering and the transfer of new techniques and approaches across fields. In addition, the interaction at the symposium begins to build a network of the nation’s future engineering leaders. Attendance will be limited to about 100 engineers. Please note that this request is for nominations for the U.S. Frontiers of Engineering program, not Frontiers of Engineering Education, which will commence its nomination process in April.
Submit your nomination at www.naefrontiers.org/nomination. Nominations must be received by MONDAY, MARCH 16. To access the form, login with the same login and password used to access the NAE membership and election tracking system and check the box “I am an NAE Member.” Detailed instructions are at the end of this message.
1. Be between the ages of 30 and 40, or at most, 45;
2. Be employed in the United States, but U.S. citizenship is not required;
3. Have demonstrated accomplishment in engineering research and technical work with recognizable contributions to advancing the frontiers of engineering;
4. Be interested in engineering developments in other fields (and in engaging with the people working on them) and able to consider how advances, techniques, and approaches in those areas relate to the nominee’s own field; and
5. Possess the potential to be a future leader in the U.S. engineering endeavor.
Nominees will be contacted and asked to submit an application providing information on current areas of research or technical work, a bio or CV, and a commitment to attend the full symposium. The final list of invitees will be determined in May with invitations mailed out soon after. Travel stipends are available.
For more information about the Frontiers of Engineering program, and the 2015 US FOE meeting in particular, go to www.naefrontiers.org. If you have questions, please contact Janet Hunziker at email@example.com.
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
- Go to http://www.naefrontiers.org/nomination.
- Enter the Username and Password that you use to access the NAE Membership website, and click the checkbox indicating you are an NAE Member before clicking the "Login" button. NOTE: If you forgot your NAE login and/or password, please visit http://www.nae.edu/26139/RecoverCredentials.aspx to request the information.
- On the “Home” page, click on “New Nomination” under 2015 US FOE.
- On the “Nomination Form,” enter all requested details about your nominee before clicking the “Submit Nomination” button. All fields except “Middle Initial” and “Fax” are required and adjustments are not permitted once a nomination has been submitted. NOTE: If you are acting on behalf of the nominator who was contacted by the NAE, please check the appropriate field at the bottom of the form. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you.
- You may submit additional nominations by clicking the “New Nomination” link near the top of the page. A blank “Nomination Form” will open.
- You may view a list of people you nominated by clicking the “My Nominations” link near the top of the page.
- When you are finished, click the “Logout” button in the top right corner of the page. You will receive a confirmation email once we receive the nomination.