Celebrate 50 years of engineering leadership and service to our nation by making a gift today.
Technological innovation drives the U.S. economy, security, and quality of life. Since 1964, the National Academy of Engineering has been a national voice for engineering, providing sound advice on matters of engineering and technology. In our 50th year, we need your help to spread engineering’s message to students, parents, educators, policymakers, and the general public in order to ensure future American progress and competitiveness.
By expanding NAE’s funding, we can celebrate our 50th Anniversary with the necessary resources to help the engineering community address the Grand Challenges facing us today, turn complex technological questions into opportunities for innovation and improvement, and maintain NAE’s position as a national voice for engineering.
Between now and December 31, 2014, we invite all of our friends, and especially our members, to help us celebrate 50 years of accomplishment and launch the next 50 years of NAE's service to the nation. Take a minute to check out NAE's progress, and read about the anniversary goals, described below, to choose the vitally-important role you will play in this exciting initiative!
50% Participation Rate among members
- This goal is the cornerstone of our 50th Anniversary fundraising effort, as it embodies the inclusive spirit of our philanthropic community. Currently 28% of NAE members give to the NAE. Consider making a contribution of any size to help raise the NAE member participation rate to 50%.
50 NEW Golden Bridge Society members
- Our Golden Bridge Society recognizes any donor who has given between $20,000 and $99,999 to the NAE during their lifetime. Society members are invited to the annual Golden Bridge Society dinner held at notable venues in Washington, DC during the annual meeting, which gives them the opportunity to meet NAE leaders and members who understand the importance of private philanthropy to NAE.
50 NEW Heritage Society members
- The Heritage Society recognizes members and friends who have thoughtfully included a gift to the NAE in their long-term financial plan. These gifts can take the form of CGAs, bequests, or other life-income gifts, and can be directed to any NAE program or fund.
50 Leadership Gifts
- We encourage members, friends, corporations and foundations to consider making a Leadership Gift of $50,000 to $1 million or more. Such gifts can be used as challenge gifts to catalyze other contributions, seed money to start up new projects or simply used to bolster NAE resources and supplement current programs.
50 NEW Einstein Society members
- The Einstein Society recognizes NAE members and friends whose cumulative giving is $100,000 or more. Society members are presented with an Einstein statuette and also invited to the annual Golden Bridge Society dinner held at notable venues in Washington, DC during the annual meeting. We especially encourage Golden Bridge Society members to consider this option by increasing their philanthropic commitment to the NAE.