To avoid system errors, if Chrome is your preferred browser, please update to the latest version of Chrome (81 or higher) or use an alternative browser.
Click here to login if you're an NAE Member
Recover Your Account Information
The criteria for submissions to the 2013 challenge will be based on the following factors:
Integration of Health Data
• Publicly available, de-identified health data must be integrated into your product. Teams will be required to indicate the dataset(s) they used to create their app.
• Each submission will be rated on how well the app integrates data from the indicated data sources.
Design and Usability
• Each submission will be rated on its user-friendliness and interactive capabilities.
• Apps will be rated on their ability to “go viral” through integration of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, SMS text messaging, and email.
• Preference will be given to applications that are easily accessible to a range of consumers and on a variety of platforms.
Creativity and Innovation
• Each submission will be rated for the degree of new thinking it brings to applications for health, and the creativity shown in designing for impact.
Potential for Impact
• Each submission will be rated on the strength of its potential to improve the health of individuals and/or communities for the specific health issue indicated in the submission process.
• Apps will be rated on their potential for further development and ability to be expanded and reused for different health issues.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of outside judges. Judges for this year's challenge will be announced in the coming months.